Successful project managers often use key performance indicators (KPIs) as a part of the validate process. The major KPIs for IS/IT systems are typically productivity, quality, time and cost. In this Discussion, you will describe and analyse the key performance indicators in an example with which you are familiar.
To complete this Discussion:
1. Consider an IS/IT project with which you are familiar. Describe and analyse the role of KPIs in that project. (350 Words 3 references)
a. Provide Two (2) Questions that you would ask relating to this topic giving prior experience model or promote critical reflection views also. ( Short answer no words limit required /1 reference required)
b. Two (2) Point you would put forward in a Focus debate relating to this topic giving prior experience /views extend the discussion into new but relevant areas also. ( Short answer no words limit required/ 1 reference required)
Question 2 Discussion: Planning and executing verification and validation (Focused Discussion)
The use of verification and validation processes are standard in the IS/IT industry. Your previous IS/IT experience, either as a project manager or another team member of an IS/IT project, may have exposed you to these concepts. In this Discussion, you will describe and analyse the verification and validation stage of an IS/IT project with which you are familiar.
To complete this Discussion:
1. Consider an IS/IT project an organisation with which you are familiar. Describe and then critically analyse how the verification and validation stage was planned and executed for this project. (350 Words 3 references)
a. Three (3) Point you would put forward in a Focus debate relating to this topic giving prior experience /views also. ( Short answer no words limit required/ 1 reference required for each)
b. Two (2) Questions that you would ask relating to this topic giving prior experience /views also Extend the discussion into new but relevant areas. ( Short answer no words limit required/ 1 reference required for each)
Question 3 This Group Project Assignment is due Sunday .The premise of the Assignment:
Eindhoven Horticulture is a small and upcoming enterprise located in Eindhoven in the Netherlands. It is running a farm and selling its produce locally. This company is interested in expanding its tulip and vegetable business by exporting its produce into international markets in parts of Europe and East Asia where demand is high for this type of produce.
The plan is to add a small IT workforce of six members to install and support a computer network and software that will be used by the company to report on the status of the harvest and then sell and ship produce quickly to its international customers. This system must report real-time status of the crops to customers through the company Web site, make sales transactions through the company Web site, report business transactions to the organisation’s accounting systems and integrate with international shipping providers systems. The IT workforce will consist of:
· Four hardware/software specialists who work developing the networked system installing appropriate hardware and software so that the system is ready for use in a six-month deadline.
· Two IT-knowledgeable generalists who are deployed in the farm with tablet computers and/or mobile phones to report the state of the harvest. When produce is ready, it will be shipped quickly to customers where demand is high.
To complete this Assignment:
Assume that the IT project as described in Week 3 was successful and that Eindhoven Horticulture has a functional IS/IT infrastructure. Also assume that Eindhoven Horticulture has used the inshoring option described in Week 5 and that the IS/IT infrastructure and software development for that phase of the project are being developed at a company located in the Hague. Imagine that Eindhoven Horticulture has hired you to manage the successful integration of the two IS/IT infrastructures.
To complete this:
1. Discuss with your group how the ‘V’ model could help you to integrate successfully the two IS/IT infrastructures. Write a brief summary of your discussion.
2. Discuss with your group what KPIs you would select to track progress of the integration. Analyse how the right selection of CSFs could help in this endeavour. Write a brief summary of your discussion.
3. Discuss with your group how you would apply the evaluation model shown in Figure 1 of the Week 8 Lecture Notes, with particular focus on the ‘outcome-based’ factors of the model. Write a brief summary of your discussion.
4. Draw a Kaplan and Norton IS/IT project strategy map (Kaplan and Norton, 2000) and customise it for this IS/IT project.