An Essay on my visit to two English courts at arrival in London to study Law at the Univeristy. One Civil court and a criminal court.
Guidiance: The 750 course work assignment is expected to cover the following areas; 1. The court (s) you visited ( whether criminal or civil) and their position in the court hierarchy etc
2. Your impressions of the physical surroundings and atmosphere 3. Your observations of the parts played by the various characters( judges/magistrates, court officials, lawyers, witnesses, defendants, clients and so on.
4. How those characters dress
5. Your impression of their relationship with one another
6. A very brief overview of the facts of the cases you heard
7. The legal issues in dispute
8. How the evidence was presented
9. The lawyers style of presentation and speech
10. Who decided the case (s)
11. Their outcome if there was indeed an outcome during the visit
12. Overall impression of the proceedings, their purpose whether it was achieved, how easy there were followed, what made it difficult.
13. The changes you might make
Videos here http://ybtj justice.gov.uk
Courts visited :
Croydon Crown Court
Mention any civil court in Hendon or its environs