Assessment 2: 30% 1200 word report
Report Format Style: Short Report (See assessment guidelines on Moodle for exact format)
The development and implementation of effective strategies requires a sound evaluation and analysis of both the external and internal environments of the organisation.
Discuss how a better understanding of the internal environment can improve the formulation and implementation of business strategy. In your answer you should use a structured model of the internal environment ( e.g. McKinsey 7S or Okumus).
Students should aim for a minimum of six (6) peer reviewed journal articles, in addition to other research. NB. Minimum does not mean only... it means good enough for 50%
Assessment Criteria - Assessment 2.
1. Understanding of the topic. (30%) 9 marks
- Identifies, defines and discusses key issues and concepts related to the topic.
2. Application of relevant theory. (30%) 9 marks
3. Quality of discussion and use of supporting research. (30%) 9 marks
- Delivers a discussion that is well-researched, well-argued and well-supported by multiple relevant references.
4. Written communication and referencing. (10%) 3 marks
- Demonstrates quality and care in terms of logical argument, introduction and conclusion, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and referencing (both in-text and references list in Harvard Author Date style).