You are required to select one of the famous (current or past) state leaders/politicians from the List
A and one of the famous (current or past) CEOs from the List B.
• Pau Keating (Australia)
• John Howard (Australia)
• Ronald Reagan (USA)
• Bill Clinton (USA)
• Barack Obama (USA)
• Margaret Thatcher (UK)
• Nelson Mandela (South Africa)
• Any other famous state leader/politician that you may select but MUST be approved by
your tutor/lecturer List B:
• Steve Jobs (Apple)
• Bill Gates (Microsoft)
• Meg Whitman (HP)
• Ginni Rometty (IBM)
• Jeff Bezos (Amazon)• Indra Nooyi (PepsiCo)
• Any other famous CEO that you may select but MUST be approved by your
tutor/lecturer. [The speeches/talks MUST be in English]
2. You are then required to search and watch YouTube videos on speeches/talks by each of these
successful and famous persons you selected to understand their communication styles, skills and effectiveness in terms of conveying their messages.
Hints: For the state leader/politician, look at campaign speeches, inaugural speeches, election
debates, and interviews etc. For CEOs, look at speeches at seminars/workshops, speeches to
staff/employees, and speeches at product launch etc. Note that you need to record all the links on
the videos that you selected to watch towards completing this task and include in the report.
3. You are then required to carefully note issues on their communication styles, skills and
effectiveness and perform critical analysis on each of the cases individually and then, compare and
contrast your findings on their communication styles, skills and effectiveness.
4. Finally, you are required to present a written critical analysis of 2000–2500 words in a report
The critical analysis report should primarily includea)
A Cover page and a TOC (Table of Contents)
b) An introductory statement, in your own words, that introduces what your report is about;
c) Identification of the communication styles, skills and effectiveness for each case;
d) Comparison (and contrast) of the communication styles, skills and effectiveness of the two
e) Conclusion that draws together your critical analysis of the overall investigation.
f) Referencing using APA style.
Your analysis should explore the positives and negatives in each case and reach a balanced view of the strengths and weaknesses of each. Support your analysis with theories and concepts from other authenticated sources of information (books, journal articles, other online materials etc.) on
communication styles, skills and effectiveness.