Select two meetings – one formal and one informal – to gather evidence that you can submit for assessment. You will be required to chair the meetings and to complete all the requested documentation for each of the meetings.
Review Appendices A–D to gain an overview of the various tasks you need to complete to prepare for your meetings.
1. Complete ‘Details for meeting arrangements’ in Appendix A and refer to this document to complete your assessment.
2. Determine requirements for your meetings by completing the ‘Meeting requirements questionnaire’ included in Appendix B.
3. Develop a meeting agenda using templates from your organisation or use the template provided in Appendix C.
4. Identify meeting participants and detail the reason/s they should attend the meeting.
5. Outline the structure and style of your meeting and explain why you have chosen this structure and style.
6. Develop a meeting request. Explain the structure of your meeting request and why you chose to structure it in this way. Use this request to notify participants of your meeting. Submit this meeting request as part of your assessment.
7. Prepare required meeting papers. Identify at least one meeting paper required for your meeting and submit this as an example with your assessment (examples of meeting papers may include meeting agenda, correspondence, draft documentation, chairperson’s report, financial reports, research reports previous minutes).
8. Consult with stakeholders to develop and implement an action plan (Appendix D: ‘Meeting preparation action plan’) detailing the tasks required to make the meeting arrangements and who is responsible for completing those tasks by when.