Please try to complete it asap. thank you
Use the Toulmin’s Model of Argument to analyse the supplied Assignment Case Study (see the Assignment
Case Study section below) and provide your opinion on the strength or weakness of the argument with
relation to the Claim that we have provided. (~ 600 words).
1. What is the CLAIM? We have provided this for you already.
2. Is there any DATA to support the CLAIM? If so how much? The quantity and quality of
DATA can suggest the strength of the CLAIM.
3. Is there a WARRANT (Explicit or Implicit)? Explicit WARRANTS are often stronger because the author
can direct the reader to accept the CLAIM. Implicit WARRANTS leave the reader’s opinion open to
interpretation and this may go against the author’s intended purpose.
4. Is there BACKING? If so how much? The quantity and quality of BACKING can suggest strength of the
WARRANT and thus may increase the strength of the CLAIM.
5. Is there a REBUTTAL? The quantity and scope of the REBUTTAL may reduce the strength of the
CLAIM and thus dissuade the reader’s acceptance of the CLAIM.
6. Is there a QUALIFIER? If so, to what extent does it reduce the scope of the CLAIM because this
will impact on the strength of the CLAIM?
7.Your Opinion – this is a personal perception based on your interpretation of the article. The presence,
quality and quantity of the different Toulmin elements must be applied to make this critical assessment