1. Describe low-cost strategy. How does this relate to differentiation?
2. Aside from low-cost strategy, describe other methods that businesses can use to differentiate their products.
3. Describe how businesses approach segmenting the market, and why market segmentation could be an attractive business strategy. Why do businesses segment the market? What approaches can be used to segment the market? How can this lead to competitive advantage?
Chapter 6 Questions:
1. Define fragmented and consolidated industries. What are the differences between these two types of industries?
2. What opportunities and advantages do consolidated industries offer that fragmented industries do not?
3. Describe horizontal and vertical integration. Why do businesses leverage these vehicles for growth, and how can they aid in gaining competitive advantage?