Assessment 3 assists your presentation skills, through the development of a scholarly and creative presentation. You are to choose any special interest/niche tourism sector in which you are interested; this may be within Australia or overseas. This is not a promotional effort in which you are trying to ‘sell’ your chosen SIT sector. It should be engaging, but is academic and based on sound research and theory.
Using PowerPoint, create an interactive, challenging and educational presentation (based around a 10-minute timeslot) about your chosen SIT/niche tourism sector. Your PowerPoint slides need to show evidence of academic research and referencing. Internal students will present this in class, in a week assigned to them. External students will upload their PowerPoint, and should either:
1. use the narration function on PowerPoint to record your voice over the slides, OR
2. type out an associated script for narration in the ‘Notes’ section of your PowerPoint presentation.
For all students, the presentation must clearly address the following questions, in whatever form your presentation may take:
• overall introduction to type of SIT sector
• trends and societal changes that have led to the development of the SIT sector
• alignment with SIT definitions/theories (that is, what kind of SIT is it, and why?)
• types of markets (tourists) that the sector attracts
• potential impacts or contentious issues related to this SIT sector.
A reference list including eight (8) academic references must be included, and submitted with your presentation. These references must be evident as research within the slides of your presentation.
Submitting: You cannot submit PPT and other multimedia files via Turnitin. If not too large a file, you can submit via the Assignment Dropbox for this unit. Your Unit Assessor will inform you during Session about the best way to submit your presentation