Assume that the low rise commercial case study building was built in the 1960’s.. It is now to be demolished. Using the documentation, analyse the procedures and stages that would be needed to carry out the demolition process.
The evaluation report should include the following:
• A manual outlining the key steps for demolition, in conformance with legislative and planning and safe work practices.
• Explanation of the structural principles that form part of the demolition process and why these principles apply.
• Identification of the structural components of your project
• (eg columns, slabs) with explanations as to their effects on the demolition of the building.
• Identification of areas of potential hazard due to hazardous materials (eg asbestos cement in roofing, linings, underlay).
• Details of disconnection of services (eg power, water, gas).
• Identification of materials for recovery and recycling