In this section, you will present an overview of how the consumer base could be split into smaller segments for the purposes of marketing (about 500 words).
In your report, you should provide the following information:
• State one or two key characteristics that you believe may be an important differentiator in this product category. Identify if these characteristics are demographic, behavioural, geographic or psychographic.
• Explain why you’ve chosen these characteristic(s). Why are they useful for this particular product category?
• Illustrate one way that you could divide consumers using these characteristic(s) into some logical, smaller segments. It is recommended that you create between three and five segments.
Finally, provide a profile of each segment that you have created by answering the following questions:
• What is the estimated size of each segment?
• What might the purchase behaviour of consumers in this segment look like? What brands might they prefer to buy?