TASK 1: Annotated Bibliography (20%)
1. Write an Annotated Bibliography for your Capstone Topic following a set structure. The Annotated Bibliography is a critical examination of the most relevant, recent and scholarly research on the topic area that is not just a summary of the articles you have read..
2. Use the latest online search tools ( CSU PRIMO, Google Scholar, Online databases) and efficient bibliographic organisers - CSU supports the use of EndNote. (available on iPad). EndNote is a bibliographic citation program, allowing references and footnotes to be translated into a variety of standard formats.
3. As a CSU student you can download and install EndNote X7 for Windows or Mac OS platforms
4. For Group Work OPTION teams only: Assessment Item 3 Annotated Bibliography is done INDIVIDUALLY by ALL students.
5. Ensure that the AB submitted by you is your own work and has not been submitted elsewhere and comply with the University's requirements for academic integrity.
6. You can get help in Building and Writing an Annotated Bibliography from Topic 3 in the ITC571 Interact2 site sidebar menu and other study advices and tips from:
a. Study Resources (PDF files to download)
b. APA style Referencing
c. The CSU Library website for LibGuides in Information Technology, Computing and Mathematics at
d. EndNote Bibliographic software and tutorials LibGuide atte
7. Review the emerging technology (use internet for journals, conference papers, magazines, news articles, online databases, eBooks) and submit a 12 article Annotated Bibliography on your topic.
8. A good place to start a collection of articles in your review of the literature is via the PRIMO search tool located on the CSU Library website at http://www.csu.edu.au/division/library As an example, the Capstone Topic PRIMO search on a topic like " near field communication applications" returned the following list of very recent journals, books, conference proceedings and eBooks related to the