The purpose of this assignment is for you to understand and evaluate service encounters from your own. Perspective as a customer as well as from the perspective of a services marketing scholar. The assignment is limited to 1,000 words (using double spacing, 12 font, Times New Roman) (excluding references, exhibits).
You are required to describe ANY ONE (1) of the TWO services experiences:
1. Your BEST service encounter (an organisation that is doing an excellent overall job of services marketing) OR
2. Your WORST service encounter (an organisation that has the worst service of any you encountered)We all have a number of such encounters every day, including (but not limited to) restaurants, hair salons, banks, airlines, travel agents, doctors, phone companies, libraries and education institutions. Keep a record of your services encounters from the various services industries that you have had in the past few months. The purpose is for you to identify important issues that cause customer satisfaction/dissatisfaction with services.
Consider these factors in recoding and evaluating your service encounters: (This list is not exhaustive!!!)
• Type of company and service provided
• Level of involvement
• Circumstances that influence this encounter
• What was your level of satisfaction/dissatisfaction based on?
• What did the firm/employee say or do?
• What made you feel that way?
For your best service encounter – Discuss what this organisation does that makes it successful.
For your worst service encounter – Diagnose the problem(s) with the service and recommend important
action(s) management should take to improve the service.
In both cases you are required to take account of at least TWO services marketing concepts and theories
that are relevant to explain the issues (example: decision making process, services characteristics, 7 Ps marketing environment, positioning strategy, Servuction Framework, Theatre Framework etc.)
The paper is evaluated based on the depth and substance of your observation and your ability to apply relevant services marketing concepts and theories. There are no rules regarding the format of your paper. However, where theory is cited references should be provided and topic headings could be used to guide the reader through the key themes as they relate to each service encounter.