This assignment contributes 60% of the total marks for this module. The focus of this assignment is to draw upon your knowledge of international business to present proposals concerning the effective management of the proposed action to enter into the overseas market or expand operations in the existing overseas market which you selected in Assessment 1.
The first area of the assignment is to specify an appropriate international business strategy that can provide the basis for exploiting the new or existing overseas business market. The second area of the plan is to define the marketing actions and appropriate organisational structure and control systems for implementing a successful entry or expansion into the overseas market which has been selected. In the report utilise appropriate academic theories about international business to create frameworks to support your proposals..
REPORT FORMAT The main body of the report should not exceed a length of10 A4 pages, typed, at least 1.5 space, using Arial point 12 type face. You can also attach appendices to the report to provide coverage of information that, because of the report length constraint, could not be included in the main report. There is no limitation on the length of the appendices. The source of all materials included in the report should be accurately referenced using the same referencing format (which is known as the Harvard System) as is utilised in your study guide.
ASSESSMENT EXECUTION Unless otherwise specified by your Module Tutor, this report should be undertaken as an individual assignment.
ASSESSMENT SUBMISSION Unless otherwise specified by your Module Tutor the completed assignment should be submitted in electronic format not later than the stated final submission date for this assignment. It is critical your name is provided on the front page of the final submission. Please note that as well as submitting the report, you are also required to submit a Student Self Reflection Form. Any individuals facing a problem submitting the assignment by the specified due date should immediately advise their Module Tutor by e-mail about this situation. The assignment mark and feedback will be distributed via Learnline
ASSESSMENT CRITERIA The submitted assignment is required to demonstrate the following:
1. An ability to utilise sources such as the Internet and University library facilities to search, locate and summarise data relevant to the assignment
2. An ability to utilise appropriate theories about international business to create frameworks that can your formulation of an appropriate strategy for the overseas market actions being proposed.
3. Selection of a realistic international business strategy for the chosen organisation.
4. An ability to utilise appropriate theories to create frameworks that can to justify your decisions about the market management actions being proposed
5. Presentation of an appropriate structure and control system for utilisation by the chosen organisation in the selected overseas market.
6. An ability to present a well written, well structured report
7. An ability to critically analyse information, formulate conclusions and exhibit original thought.
The levels of achievement for the assignment are measured by demonstration of:
1. Effective use sources such as the Internet and University library facilities to search, locate and summarise data relevant to the assignment Ultilisation of appropriate theories about international business to create frameworks that can your formulation of an appropriate overseas market entry strategy for the chosen organisation Proposing a realistic overseas market strategy for the chosen organisation Use of appropriate theories to create frameworks that can to justify your decisions about the market management actions to be utilised
2. Presentation of an appropriate structure and control system for utilisation in the chosen organisation
3. Submission of a well written, well structured report
4. Evidence of critically analysis of information, formulation of conclusions and exhibiting original thought.