In-text citation and references (or sources) are required using the Harvard referencing style
This section is based on the following case study which can be accessed via the CIS3009 StudyDesk.
Brown, V & Vessey, I 2001, 'NIBCO's "Big Bang"', Communications of the Association for Information Systems, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 1-42.
As an external consultant, you have been hired by a competitor, OCBIN, to analyze the way NIBCO implemented its SAP ERP system and to identify issues that when addressed would create a better outcome. You are to present your analysis in the case study format to OCBIN’s CEO Mr. F. Brown.
1. Read the complete case study to ensure you fully understand the SAP implementation and its outcomes.
2. Use your knowledge of the Motiwalla & Thompson textbook, chapters 5-9 inclusive and at least 4 academically sound external sources, to develop your report.
3. As the case study highlights many issues, too many to be addressed in this assignment, you are required to restrict your analysis to following topics:
a. The objectives for adopting an ERP system
b. Implementation strategies
c. Vendor selection
d. Knowledge transfer
e. Critical success factors
f. Organisational commitment.
4. Your report should discuss the points above and determine their effectiveness of the Implementation Process (in relation to the above topics only), and provide suitable alternatives to ensure that OCBIN’s implementation of an SAP ERP system would have a better outcome.
Length: 2500-3000 words.
SECTION B (15 marks) - SAP Practical Exercise 2, Journal and Reflective Essay
In-text citation and references (or sources) are required for the reflective essay using the Harvard referencing style
SAP Exercise 2, Journal and Reflective Essay.
1. Complete the SAP exercise as directed in tutorials 7-9 and record the outputs in a word or refined text file.
2. Continue to keep a journal of your activities and experience of using SAP. Include a copy of your full journal as an appendix to the reflective essay.
- Reflective Essay: Using your journal written as you completed both SAP exercises, write an essay of between 800 and 1200 words reflecting your end user experiences of the SAP software. To assist you in your reflection, you must:
- Identify five appropriate end user criteria with which to evaluate the SAP software. The five criteria should be based upon the course readings and your research of suitable academic and highly regarded industry papers. That is, this essay should be based on your journals but should also draw upon the theoretical knowledge you have gained during the semester.
In the allocation of marks, your inputs in the SAP GBI database (as shown in a SAP report of your activity by User ID), your submitted journal and SAP exercise outputs will be taken into account. Please note, no marks will be given for this section if the SAP report generated does not produce a record of any activity by your User ID).