You will be assessed on your ability to conduct relevant research that supports your critical analysis, tosynthesise internal organisational and external industry information and macro environment related data, and to communicate the key issues relevant to your chosen area of the organisation. You will also be assessed on your ability to develop relevant and justified organisational objectives that are achievable.
This assignment will develop your capability to research and analyse key issues relative to your organization from a marketing perspective. The research you conduct will underpin your analysis and support your objectives chosen. The written assignment will demonstrate your achievement of a number of learning outcomes and in particular, your understanding of how trends the external environment impact the marketing aspect of the organisation.
Stage 1: Describe Tourism Macedon Ranges and the area of focus that you are considering (Wine industry). This should provide some background on the case that you will be analysing, and should be no longer than two pages (1.5 spacing, 12 point font). Within this, provide a brief competitor analysis and outline the area’s strengths and weaknesses.
Stage 2: Outline the marketing environment. This should include a PESTLE analysis that is relevant to the Wine industry of Macedon Ranges. At the end of this section, provide a summary of the key trends that are the most important to your area of focus, and discuss whether these provide opportunities or threats.
In this section you need to be able to answer questions like (please note these are examples):
• Where is the (future) growth likely to come from?
• Is the area experiencing population growth or decline?
• What drives demand in the future?
• What external factors will affect your customers?
• What are the interesting segments and why?
• Where does the top line (sales) and bottom line (profits) likely come from now and in the future?
• What recent trends have emerged in the market?
• What are the competitors and how are their products positioned and performing?
• Is there potential for growth in the market?
• How will you be able to capitalise on any opportunities?
• Who are the most powerful actors in the value chain (including retailers)?
Stage 3: Outline three main objectives that you think that Tourism Macedon Ranges could achieve. Note that