Discuss the intensity of counselling Show familiarity with the methods used to develop the counselling process Define more the keys concepts of counselling.
1. How do the best counsellors rapidly develop an intense relationship with the client?
2. Describe how the counsellor may use ‘trial and error’ to develop interventions.
3. By what method does the empathic counsellor ‘push’ his client into exposing his innermost feelings?
4. What are the ‘objectives signposts’ that a counsellor uses to help guide the counselling context.
5. Give the understanding of the term ‘eclectic’ as used in the counselling context?
6. When conducting the initial counselling session, in what mental state does the professional counsellor act? How might this action be discharged?
7. In order to assess counselling outcomes, with whom does the effective counsellor confer?
8. In your own words, explain the underlying message that needs to be conveyed to the client during the course of the counselling relationship.
9. How would you define ‘passionate’ as used in the counselling context?
10.What must be actively encouraged in order to motivate change in a client?