· This coursework requires you to write a 1,250 word extended essay on a topic which is connected to your intended degree course.
· You are responsible for choosing the topic and title, which must be submitted to your tutor along with an outline by the 07 / 11 / 14 for approval before you proceed.
· The coursework should follow the structural requirements of an argument essay. This means you have to take a clear STANCE on the issue in question, but you also need to show evidence that you have researched and evaluated other stances in order to strengthen your position.
· In week 7 the deadline for 1st draft submission is 21 / 11 / 14. Your tutor will look at your draft and give guidance for the final draft
· All final drafts must be submitted by 12 / 12 / 14. Failure to do so will result in your grade being capped.
· Word count does not include appendices / bibliography / graphics.
· The presentation title has to be linked directly to the topic of the written assignment.· The outline should be submitted to your tutor by 21 / 11 / 14 for approval before proceeding. · The presentation should last 7 minutes in total, including 5 minutes for presenting and 2 minutes for questions / answers afterwards.
· The presentation will be designed and presented INDIVIDUALLY.
· You will be assessed on
Content / gesture and body-language / audibility / clarity / intonation and pronunciation / cohesion / visual aids / research / pace / audience engagement. Preparation for both the essay and the presentation will be undertaken in class from week one right through to week ten with guidance from your lecturer so it is VITAL that you attend. Failure to attend classes will result in you not having the necessary building blocks of information, advice and instruction to be able to complete these two tasks successfully.