1. Basic principles of customer services are –
i. Understanding the customers’ needs and providing best solutions to fulfil those needs
ii. Listening to customer ideas and opinions about the business and taking appropriate actions
iii. Providing high quality products and services in a quick fashion
iv. The business must present itself as honest and fair business
v. Provide quick remedies of customers complaints
vi. Indulging in long term relationship with the customers
2. It is important to clarify and accurately access customer needs because the purpose of any business is to serve its customers in the best possible way. Therefore, by understanding customer needs, the business can develop better good and service delivery to the customers. Further, a business can only be successful if it provides exact solution to the customers that they demand.
In order to access customer needs, the organization can undertake customer feedbacks, analyse competitors’ strategy and overall analysis of the market trends and business environment can also be employed (Tsai et al. 2015).
1. Organizational structure determines the how various activities such as task allocation, coordination and supervision are directed to achieve the organizational goals. A well coordinated organization structure can ensure that the jobs are performed by the right person in the best possible manner. Therefore, organizational structure ensures flow of tasks and streamlining of the various business activities and helps in developing standards of customers’ service delivery.
2. In the today’s business environment customers have the ultimate power. It is customers who determinesdetermine what products or services to consume and also dictates the terms and conditions at which such goods and services can be bought by the customers. As the present business environment operates under perfect competition and there are many firms offering similar products and services with little differentiation, the ultimate power lies with the customers. Therefore, only those business organizations can be successful in the long run that adapts to the demands and preferences of their customers (Aryee et al. 2015).
3. Product/service standards and best practice models implies that incorporation of optimum levels of standards and practices to enhance customer satisfaction levels and to achieve organizational goals. Product and service standards aim at implementing standards to increase customer satisfaction by providing customers with high quality products and services. Further, the best practices models aims at increasing organizational competency in providing customers with optimum product and services. This can be achieved through benchmarking and implementing standards in all aspects of business operations (Brohman et al. 2015).
1. There are many technological applications that might be used in business to structure and present information on customer needs. For instance, there are many Customer Relationship Management tools and softwares that can be used to gather and record customer needs and preferences. Further the internet has provided the business organizations with many such applications that can be employed to get customer preferences. With the help of these applications, businesses can identify and segment their customers as per their needs and preferences and better target and position company’sPosition Company’s offering to the customers (Torres and Kline 2013).
2. There are various way by which technology helps in enhancing customer service, discussed as below –
a. Increasing business accessibility to customers: with the help of telephone and internet customers can easily get desired information and also interact with the business to get desired products and services.
b. Ease of payments: technology has enabled the customers and business to make payments as per their convenience, this helps in increasing customer satisfaction
c. Business communication needs: technology has enabled the business to impart important information to customers more conveniently. This keeps the customer updated about the products and services offered by the business organizations and also helps in increasing satisfaction levels as it implies that the business care for their customers.
d. Customer service management: is a software tool that tracks and analyses customer feedback and helps in developing models to better satisfy customer needs (So et al. 2013).
1. Jeff’s attitude in relation to its work and organization is flawed as he is concerned only about his duty and does not care about others. Jeff being a part of organization is required to work with others as a team to achieve organizational objectives. Further, the organizational system is not supportive of team management activities. The organization is required to provide training to its employs to work in a team and implement job enlargement and job rotation techniques to build healthy work environment.
2. It is important to work as a team, as the objective of each employee should be to achieve organizational goals. If the employees are concerned only about their own jobs and do not help one another, the efforts will not yield positive results. There will be inter-organizational conflicts and the organization would not be able to achieve its end goals (Chin and Tsai 2013).
3. The root cause of this situation is that the organization does not provide training and opportunities to work as a team. Other reason can be – the organization has not been able to instil corporate objective in all parts of its business operations and employees are confused about their goals and organizational objectives.
4. These problems can be solved if the organization provides better training programs to incorporate team work in the organizational setting. Further by providing opportunities to employees to work in interdepartmental setting would improve work culture and employees would be in the position to understand the organizational objectives and how they can contribute to achieve it (Aryee et al. 2015).
While identifying and allocating budget for customer service objectives following factors must be taken into consideration –
• The size of the organization
• Purpose of implementing customer service systems
• Customer base
• Competitors’ strategy
• Data collection, analysis and evaluation methods
1. Managing customer complaints: while handling a customer complaint an organization must follow the following steps – The first step is to let the customer talk about the issues and paying detailed attention to the complaint received. Once the customer has explained his point of view, the manager must emphasize with the customer and apologize about the incident. The next step is to provide alternative solution to the customer and verify if the resolution is acceptable to the customer. The solution provided to the customer must be appropriate and quick. The final step is to take feedback and thanking customer for the business.
2. Consultation plays a crucial role in handling customer complaints. Consultation enables the customer to express his issues in detail and solicit responses from the customers
1. Customer feedbacks must be disseminated to the designated employee who is responsible for handling customer complaints and managing data. As it is important to provide high quality services to the customers, the customer feedback can be an instrumental factor in determining appropriate customer service systems. Customer feedbacks providesCustomer feedbacks provide important information regarding the strengths and weaknesses of the organization and this can be employed to develop strategies for further growth.
2. The data collected from customer feedback can be utilized as –
• It helps in improving the quality of product and services
• It is the best way of determining customer satisfaction levels
• Customer feedback can be used to develop strategies for future growth and development
• The data collected can be used to develop differentiation in the market by providing products and services as per customer preferences
• It also helps in customer retention and developing loyal customer base (Chathoth et al. 2013)
1. Data collection is the most important factor while devising business strategies as it provides vital information about the market trends, customer preferences and external and internal business environment. The data helps in developing appropriate strategies that is based on real information and the effectiveness of the strategies developed can be ensured.
2. In order to present a report on changing customer needs and its impact on customer satisfaction level, the first step is to understand what factors are affecting customer needs. For this the relevant data can be collected by undertaking customer survey. The data collected can be analysed and represented in understandable manner in the form of charts and graphs