The purpose of this assignment is to develop your skills and knowledge, so that you can create, communicate and implement a vision and strategic direction for a chosen organisation or a division within an organisation. Before starting the tasks in this assignment you need to get the agreement of your lecturer to your choice of organisation or division. The choice is important as the assessment criteria expect you to fully understand the organisation or division, so that you are able to create something new.
In preparation for creating the vision and strategic direction
- Assess the role of the key stakeholders of your chosen organisation in relation to the vision.
- Analyse the factors which impact on your organisation and its vision.
- Create a written vision for the organisation or division.
- Establish how you intend to develop the strategic direction for the organisation or division.
Having created the vision you now need to develop the communication strategy for the stakeholders of the organisation or division.
- Analyse the methods to communicate the vision, in ways which will engage and inspire others in the organisation or division.
- Assess how to build support for this vision.
- Assess ways which you will use to communicate the vision and strategic direction to external stakeholders.
You must now consider the implementation of the vision and strategic direction within the organisation or division.
- Analyse the leadership behaviour needed to promote the vision
- Assess what is necessary to embed the vision in the organisation or division.
- Use the vision to derive the organisational objectives which set the strategic direction.
- Outline the strategic planning process which you will use for the organisation or division.