Your report must be professionally presented and comprehensively addressing the following requirements:
1. Provide a business overview of the organization on which you will be basing your assignment. Include the name of the organization, the number of staff – including full time, part time and casual, diversity mix of current staff , the location of the organization, the organization ownership structure.
a. Develop a simple diversity audit that would be appropriate for your organization. Minimum 10 questions. This should be for your staff NOT management. Explain why you have included each question. Support your answer with references and appropriate legislation.
Clues to write about my work place
; the study has been made on the diversity policy of Crust Gourment, a leading pizza shop.
There are currently 120 crust stores in Australia, one in new zealand and two in singapore. The place where I work is at Penhurst street, Chatswood. Which covers the delivery place for willoughby, East Lindfield, Roseville Chase, Castle Cove, Middle Cove, North Willoughby, Willoughby East, Northbridge, Atarmon, Chatswood, Chatswood West. My place have 12 staff . one on the rolling.. ,, 2 pep on the cutting the pizzas. 7 people on making pizza .. one to refill the item ..and one manager. Except that we have 8 delivery driver . working staff from Thailand, Nepal , Australia, china india, Singapore. Drivers from philiphines, german. Australia , india
2. Discuss how you could be a role model for diversity at your workplace.
Clues to support answer. Promote diversity/ hire diffn people.
3. Provide a detailed information on relevant legal requirement on diversity that your workplace must consider.
a. This must include all laws and regulations relating to diversity and how they apply to your specific workplace.
Clues: the 5 laws.
4. write a detailed diversity policy and procedure for your organization .
a. discuss how you will promote this policy within your workplace.
5. Describe three(3) of the potential workplace problems and /or issues your organization could have with promoting and supporting a diverse workforce.
6. Develop a Diversity training program for your organization.
a. This must include training for all levels within your workplace.
i. Management, supervisors and operational staff(who)
ii. Type of training you will do (what)
iii. Training plan for how you will deliver this training (how)
iv. Justification for this training (why)
clues: policy n procedures, rules and regulation of 5laws, making aware of diversity, company policy,
7.discuss four (4) strategies other than training the organization could implement to improve respect for diversity in the workforce.
a. explain why the strategies are appropriate to your organization. You must include practical examples of the strategies you will use.
b. what benefits do you see the organization obtaining if they implement your strategies? Discuss how this business can use their workplace diversity to enhance their business . use example from your business to support your statements.
8. research the current system used to measure workplace diversity e.g the Diversity Maturity Curve or DNA heliz
a. explain in detail each section of your chosen system
b. discuss why it is important to measure workplace diversity.
9.discuss the award recognition systems for diversity currently in place in Australia.
a. list the benefits of gaining recognition for a positive work place.