· Micro Economics – Choose any one Industry from the list below and discuss Reforms in that industry in Australia – which include government competition policy, labour reforms and labour laws, minimum wages, productivity and technology
- Individual industry like Education, Financial industry, Meat industry, Agricultural, Mining, Financial planning, Car industry, Manufacturing and Tourism
· GDP- Compare Australia with any other economy and discuss their GDP last 2 to 5 years and factors affecting their GDP
· Unemployment – Discuss the unemployment rate, types, issues, and government policy of Australia and comment unemployment in various states of Australia. You need to specify in different region like NSW, WA, Tasmania, Qld or SA.
· Inflation – Compare Australia with any other country from the list which includes Germany, UK, USA,
China, India, Japan, Korea, Indonesia and discuss inflation and causes of inflation and the various governments policy on inflation.
· Monetary Policy – Discuss Australia’s Monetary policy during last 3 to 5 years. What are its affects and its problems on Australian Economy?
· Carbon Tax/Emission Trading scheme – Compare Australia with one of these countries or group of countries like Europe, USA and China/India and discuss the similarities or differences in ETS and its affect on the economy.
· Economic Growth – Compare Australia with any other advanced economy or developing country and discuss their economic growth during last 5 years and its effects on the society. (both positive and negative)
· Australian Budget in May for 2015. Discuss the various aspects of expenditure and revenue in the budget. Comment on various stakeholders’ reaction to this budget like Businesses, Consumers, Employees, Social welfare groups and Industry etc.