Demonstrate an understanding of the international economic, environmental, legal and social-political issues surrounding environmental management and sustainability development when it comes to climate change and global warming. 2. Critically analyse alternative means available to ensure the sustainable development of the ecosystems and various species (including humans) as a result of the climate change and global warming.As an environmental consultant to the UN, your role is to provide an outline on issues related to the impact of the climate change and global warming - at various levels - in relation to the environment in general and the living species (including humans) in particular. Analyse and discuss how this kind of environmental threat can be dealt with and how to minimise the impact. Your recommendations for a new sustainable environmentally friendly system should be constructed and sourced from actual data and reliable references.
1. In two words, what is the topic of this film?
2. Name the four spheres of the Earth (not the hemispheres!). Of these, which one(s) do humans have the most impact on?
3. What causes the greenhouse effect?
4. What causes the annual downturns in carbon dioxide production?
5. What does Lonnie Thompson use to measure past CO2 and O2 levels? Other than CO2 and O2 levels, what other parameter can he and fellow scientists determine?
6. For tropical glaciers (e.g., Peru), how far back in time can they go using this technique?