1. Who are the potential readers of these reports?
Please identify the different groups of people that may be interested in the information contained in these reports, denoting why they need it.
The potential readers of the following annual reports are shareholders and future potential investors, the organisation’s management and employees, government ato and people who have an interest in the company.
· The annual report to shareholders and future investors provides in detail a financial and operating review of the year.
· Management and employees would benefit from it because it can improve the understanding with different areas of the company, it can also benefit new employees to know what the company is about and what goals the organisation wishes to achieve.
· The government ato
The annual report can help increase employee understanding of the different parts of the company.
It is also an important tool for communicating corporate capability and financial stability to shareholders, investors, analysts, customers, business partners and financial journalists. Including information on customers in an annual report explains the market sectors your company operates in, your position in the sectors and your growth potential. Customer information is an important indicator of your company’s achievements and its future prospects.
What these potential readers would be interested in is how the company has performed for a yearly period and what the company has planned about for the following year.
It highlights information of particular interest, such as a brief overview of profits, successful marketing strategies, campaigns, changing business conditions and information about the company’s plans for the upcoming year.
includes summaries of financial performance and achievements
2. What specific information does the report offer?
Please outline the contents of the report and explain what it tells you about the business’ activities.
The specific information the annual reports offers
· Chairman’s letter – Gives the reader a summary of how the organisation performed in the last twelve months and what they want to achieve in the next twelve months.
· Overview about the properties they own
· Sustainability report
· Directors Statutory report
· Financial Report
They contain financial results such as an income statement and a balance sheet
A firm's annual statement of operating and financial results. The annual report contains an income statement, a balance sheet, astatement of changes in financial position, an auditor's report, and a summary of operations. Because many annual reports areprepared with public relations as a primary focus, serious investors should obtain a copy of a firm's 10-K in order to obtain detailedfinancial data.
3. Examine the financial summaries featured in the Annual Reports and provide comment on the fiscal condition of the company for both consecutive periods in terms of:
· Efficiency and Profitability
· Solvency, Liquidity and Leverage
In your answer please determine the respective trends for each of the above points and support your findings by clearly indicating your calculations.