1. English is Eva’s second language. How would you ensure that she has a clear understanding of any information / instructions that you need to communicate?
2. Explain how you would manage and document Mia’s refusal to take the Panadol.
3. As an EN you will frequently need to provide education for your clients. In relation to the principles of teaching, what factors would you need to keep in mind when education Mia about her care?
4. Explain two (2) workplace health and safety (WHS) considerations you need to implement while Mia’s mother is staying in the hospital.
5. Two hours later Mia’s vital signs are: pulse rate 128 (was 95 earlier), Respiratory rate 24, Sp02 98%, Temp 36.8. Her colour is pale and she is well perfused. What are your priorities for Mia’s care at this time? Prioritise in order from 1 – 5 and explain why each priority is important.
6. Complete a detailed nursing care plan (as below) according to the nursing process and Mia’s specific condition requirements; (expand the table as required)