1. Open up a word doc, save it to your H-Drive as ‘Information Systems Assignment One’.
2. Type the ‘headings’ provided above straight into a word document.
3. You can elaborate on these headings. It will make it easier for you to begin writing.
4. There is nothing worse than finding yourself in the situation where you are staring at a blank word document a couple of nights out form the assignment due date.
5. You can use dot points and / or tables in some sections to minimise your word count however, make sure everything is done in a professional manner and is easy for the reader to follow.
6. Keep your report neat, clean, and tidy. Make it look good. Style is important here too. You need to make the reader ‘want’ to keep reading your proposal.
7. Make sure you always back up your work on an external USB hard drive.
8. Use the marking criteria provided to ensure you have added everything the markers want into your report. Use it like a check list.
9. Creating a PDF document from your completed WORD document is a good way to lock everything down and make the document impervious to alterations (no-one can alter what you have written and nothing can move around which can sometimes happen when you have a lot of images, tables, and diagrams in a WORD document).
10. For your next assignment - the website project, you will be creating the website specified in this plan.