The written assignment (essay) will be worth 70% of the total mark.
You are required to submit an electronic copy of your assignment through Turnitin on the online Module web site (Blackboard/UniLearn) by the deadline.
You are required to submit ONE written assignment for this course. The indicative word limit for assignment is 3000 words, with the following sections (where applicable): introduction, theoretical review, research methodology (if applicable), organizational examples, discussion, recommendations, conclusion. The word count does not include references and appendices.
The assignment must include a comprehensive review of the relevant dimension of the IHRM literature with specific reference to relevant organisational examples.
Choose one topic from the following list:
1. Outline the range of theoretical approaches to IHRM. Critically evaluate these approaches with relevant organizational examples.
2. Why is it important to consider the influence of cultural and institutional contexts in designing HRM? Critically discuss in the light of relevant theories and organizational examples.
3. How does HRM in a transnational company differ from HRM in companies that operate under a more ethnocentric orientation?
4. What are the key issues in global reward management, as distinct from domestic reward management systems?
5. How can MNCs become better managers of cultural diversity? Critically discuss in the light of relevant theories and organizational examples.