1. On the first page of your assignment list all questions attempted and include an academic integrity statement that the work submitted is your own and that all sources used have been acknowledged.
2. Your TURNITIN submission will consist of two files - a Word file and an Excel file.
3. Paste the spreadsheet solution and a formula view of each spreadsheet in the word file showing row and column headings for both. Paste the normal view first then the formula view. Your word file will provide a complete answer to every question. Use portrait orientation wherever possible. All data will be in the data entry area. The report area will contain no data whatsoever- just formulas. Check the spreadsheet requirements carefully. You only need to submit a spreadsheet file for those problems specifying such. You can, if you wish submit spreadsheet solutions to other assignment questions but these do not need to comply with the spreadsheet requirements.
3. Name the two files with your family name only as the file name. Record your name, student ID number and page number as a footer on every page of your assignments. Where you are asked to make changes in a spreadsheet, please highlight the changes.
4. Assignment solutions must be presented in the same sequence as set out in this subject outline.
5. Provide references throughout the assignment and include a reference list (bibliography) at the end of all sources used including internet resources. If using internet resources include the URL. The date of access is not required in this subject. Post enquiries to the subject discussion forum to clarify any assignment format issues.
6. Your text, MyAccountingLab and Interact2 resources may provide spreadsheet relevant templates. Note that these templates may save you keying in data but they may not meet the specific assignment spreadsheet requirements.
7. For good spreadsheet design it is very important that you have completely separate data entry and solution/report areas. A good spreadsheet solution format is to key in the question in a structure which allows the solution to be completely formula driven. Thus NO data/numbers are entered into the solution/report area.
8. Create all the spreadsheets as separate spreadsheets in one workbook. Name the tags at the bottom of the computer screen with the question number. See the examples provided with the Spreadsheet Advice PDF in the Interact2 Resources.
9. Use the IF function to provide built-in checks etc. Balances equal? Net income or net loss?
10. How do you display potential negative numbers in brackets? Google the question! Hint. Format / Cells / Number and select Custom. Enter this: #,##0;(#,##0);0
11. Save each spreadsheet in your workbook with the cursor in cell A1 of the first spreadsheet.
12. Examples of spreadsheets are provided in the Spreadsheet Advice PDF in Interact2. You MUST read and follow these examples. If you choose to create spreadsheet solutions for other assignment problems, these solutions do not need to comply with the spreadsheet requirements.
13. Please check for viruses. Do not use macros in your files.
14. Keep a copy of all your work. Make separate copies of your work in progress in case your computer has an accident. Backup frequently.
15. It is imperative that you retain a copy of your assignments including your spreadsheets. Complete feedback will be provided to you with your grade and comments by the assessor.
Students can discuss their work with each other prior to submission using the discussion forum. However, please do not post complete versions of answers to the discussion forum. Do not leave assignments until the last minute.
Organisation of assignments
The first page of your assignment should consist of the following parts:
o subject code and name;
o your name and student ID number;
o assignment task number;
o list of questions attempted and a list of questions not attempted;
o dates and details of any extension granted; usually include a copy of the approval email;
o an academic integrity statement that the work submitted is your own;
o an acknowledgement of all your sources, and
o a footer with your name, student ID and page number.
In today’s business environment we need verbal skills, writing skills, numeracy skills AND digital literacy skills. All of these skills are assessed throughout this subject. The early questions in this assignment are designed to assess your digital literacy in a business/accounting environment. It is suggested that you attempt the assignment questions week by week.
Solutions to questions should vary in length according to the nature of the question. Solutions to exercises and problem questions should be in a similar form to that demonstrated in the text.
Submit your work electronically through Turnitin. The work you submit must be your own. In the recent past a few students have received heavy penalties for submitting assignments which were not entirely their own work.
Some questions require a spreadsheet. Check the Assignment Requirements above
AND the Spreadsheet Advice PDF. Also check the interactive videos