Students are to complete annotated bibliographies for five pieces of academic literature related to the
course content. The readings are:
• Fernandez, E. (2014). Child protection and vulnerable families: trends and issues in the Australian context. Social Sciences, 3(4), 785â€808.
• Mandla K. 2003, Engaging with children and • young people – beyond theory to practice
• Mudaly N & Goddard C (2006) The truth is Longer than a Lie: Children’s Experiences of Abuse and Professional Interventions Jessica Kingsley Publishers, London. (Chpt 8)
• Higgins D, Bromfield L, Higgins J & Richardson N. 2006 Protecting Indigenous Children: Views of carers and young people on ‘outâ€ofâ€home care’. Family Matters No 75
• McConnell, D & Sigurjonsdottir, H 2010, 'Caught in the child protection net', in G Llewellyn, R Traustadottir, D McConnell & HB Sigurjonsdott (eds), Parents with intellectual disabilities: past, present and futures, Wileyâ€Balckwell, pp. 171â€87.
PDF copies of these readings are available in the folder 'Readings for annotated bibliography assignment' below.
Each annotation will be approximately 200 words
Each annotation to be started with the full and correct citation for the article. Then provide information about:
• general authority of the authors and professional context.
• purpose of the article
• main argument presented
• the quality of the article
• the usefulness of the article for your understanding of the topic
Example annotations will be provided and a sample annotation will be developed in class. These help to demonstrate tone and possible approaches to addressing the different aspects.