Students can't be Wrong!
GET BEST GRADE, ORDER NOW
12 Pages 3144 Words
Referencing Styles : APA
This assessment is a practical assessment and will enhance and test your practical skills related to the subject topic. You are required to set up a simple network using two PCs and a router (or a third PC for the router), or use simulation software to set up the same network.
To complete this assessment you are expected to refer to information beyond the text book. This assignment is open, in that you are free to choose the devices or software you use to complete the specified tasks. Students are expected to research the necessary commands by themselves. There are numerous web sites available that discuss Linux networking. You are expected to list your sources of information for the different tasks. When completing this 'project', you may encounter errors or experience difficulties getting your setup to work. If this occurs, your challenge is to analyse why they happen and report on how you solved the problems you encountered.
Additional information will be provided in your subject resources for technology options to use in creating this lab closer to the assessment due date.
Part 1 - Setting up a Network
You are required to set up a network consisting of a PC, router and server. The router will have two ethernet network interfaces and be configured to route network traffic between them. The PC (client) will be connected to one of the router's interfaces and another PC (server) will be connected to the router's other interface.
Client Router Server
Each side of the router will be in its own LAN segment and should have a different network address, use private IP address ranges for each LAN Segment.
Perform the following activities and support your workings with screenshots[10 marks]:
1. Configure the PC, Server and Router interfaces with appropriate network addressing;
2. Configure routing (IP packet forwarding) on the router;
3. On the client ping the client's own network interface, then the local router gateway interface, then the remote (server side) router interface, then the server;
4. Use the traceroute command from the client to the server. Include results of the traceroute in your submission.
Part II - Configuring Network Services
Perform the following activities [15 marks]:
1. DNS: Configure a DNS Server on the server device and demonstrate that forward and reverse DNS are working from the client PC;
2. DHCP: Configure DHCP on the server and show that the client PC has successfuly recieved an IP Address and other network parameters (default router, netmask, DNS) using DHCP;
3. Firewall: Configure traffic filtering on the router to block network traffic between the two lan segments, and then unblock traffic between them.
A series of screen shots with commentary on each of the required tasks is to be submitted. The submission has to include an explanation of the tasks and all the commands used alongwith the output (or final result) in report format.
Lisa Blundell 5/5
Customer Feedback 4/5
I took hard time to finish every assignments because it require tons of things to me. And professors raised bar. However, after knowing this site. I was so happy in that they usually deal with all of my things i had to do. This expert was so nice and super professional. They are so professional and communicative with me. They wanna finish their job as best as they can. Even though i just want my homework done, solution i was given was so high quality. It was amazing!!!!! I really hope i can use this site again in someday when i am in the busy day. Thank u guys~~ appreciate it!.
MyAssignmenthelp.com is acknowledged for providing best assignment help at affordable price. With our urgent assignment help, students never miss their deadlines. Our highly skilled and qualified experts are capable of crafting premium quality online assignment help solutions within shortest deadlines. Hence, MyAssignmenthelp.com has emerged as the one-stop solution for all those who need assignment help within short period of time.
To Get Answer
Please Fill the following Details