This is a follow up from Major Report 1. Railways is comfortable with your planning and they have asked you to implement your suggest plan. As part of the implementation, you will develop the following:
1. ICT infrastructure required to implement your plan
2. A comprehensive costing schedule along with appropriate justification.
Your documentation will highlight how you plan to assure security aspects as customer details need to be secured. Otherwise, the Railways will be subjected to legal prosecution. Therefore, you need to verify your design concept carefully, accommodate appropriate testing protocols, and a comprehensive schedule for quality assurance.
Railways at this stage is not interested in actual development. They want only an implementation strategy and how this implementation can be accomplished successfully.
Your research should be presented in the form of a written report, with a maximum word limit of 1500 words. References are not included in this word limit. You must state your assumptions clearly; validate the stated assumptions through proper literature search. You may use any format for the report. The Internet provides many examples of Executive Type reports, and you are encouraged to search for samples that suit your needs.
Submission Notes for Major Reports 1 & 2
1. You are encouraged to see other countries’ railway websites to get an idea as to how the reservation system is used;
2. The word count allows for a variation of 5%. The markers will stop reading beyond this, and any information provided beyond the word limit is ignored.
3. You assume the responsibility to assure the report you are producing is of high quality, including plagiarism and collusion checks. You NEED NOT have to produce plagiarism report with the assignment. However, the markers will undertake these checks (using any tools that you have access to), and if any integrity issues are found, you will be awarded a score of zero, and the work will be referred as ‘Academic Misconduct’.
4. The assignment website will be closed after three working days so that they can be distributed to markers. 6. Any queries regarding these assignments will be closed two working days before the submission date.