review the questions below and select the most correct answer, eg c or d or a etc
1. The duties of a stock and station salesperson may include:-
a. arranging transport of stock to saleyards
b. valuing livestock and arrange for marketing
c. showing rural properties to prospective buyers
d. conducting sales of wool
e. all of the above
2. Administration staff working in a stock and station agency may perform the following duties:-
a. secretarial services
b. conduct open homes
c. draw up legal agreements between vendors and buyers
3. What type of agency structure allows a number of real estate agencies to enter into an arrangement to carry on the business under a set name?
a. franchise group
b. independent agency
c. marketing cooperative
d. pastoral houses
4. Applicants for a Certificate of Registration with the NSW Office of Fair Trading must be:
a. 16 years or older
b. 18 years or older
c. 21 years or older
5. Applications for a personal Licence with the NSW Office of Fair Trading must be:-
a. 18 years or older
b. 21 years or older
c. 25 years or older
6. State / Territory powers of government include:-
b. agriculture, mining and nature resources
7. Federal powers of government include:-
a. agriculture, fisheries and forestry
b. primary industries
c. dog control
8. Identify which situation would require the advice of a specialist?
a. buyers new to the rural environment have just purchased their dream home on 5 acres of land and wish to own a small herd of cattle
b. an owner of a large grazing property would like to buy 500 sheep
c. clients looking to purchase a rural property require finance
d. all of the above
9. Can money held in an agency trust account be used to pay the debts of the agent
10. Money held in Trust is on behalf of:-
a. vendor or landlord
b. purchaser or tenant
11. When confidential information has been disclosed to an agent by a vendor or purchaser, which of the following situations authorises an agent to disclose such information:-
a. with authorisation from the client
b. when compelled by law to disclose such information
c. to ensure a quick sale
d. when the principal of the agency gives authorisation
e. all of the above
f. a and b only
12. Unjust conduct covers behaviour that is:
a. dishonest or unfair
b. in breach of contract
c. in contravention of the Act or regulations or any relevant Act administered by the Minister for Fair Trading
d. failure to comply with a condition or restriction on the licence
e. all of the above
13. How many CPD points must be attained each year for the purpose of renewal of a Certificate or Licence?
a. 4 points
b. 12 points
c. 16 points
14. Name the State Award you might be employed under?
a. Royal Agricultural Society NSW Consent Enterprise Award 2005
b. Real Estate Industry (State) Award 2003
c. Advertising Sales Representatives (State) Award
ASSESSMENT TASK 2 – Short Answer Questions –
100-200 words (1-2 paragraphs)
1. List the types of services provided by a stock and station agent
2. In your own words, provide a brief explanation of the following forms of business ownership:-
c. Sole trader
3. List the NSW Office of Fair Trading eligibility requirements for the following:-
a. Personal Licence
b. Corporation Licence
c. Certificate of Registration
4. Explain the impact/implications that can occur for the principal and the agent when documentation is incomplete or inaccurate
5. Using the areas of risk outlined by the Office of Fair Trading, provide 3 samples of how a salesperson could ensure consumer protection when dealing with obtaining authority from a vendor to list property.
6. Using the areas of risk outlined by the Office of Fair Trading, provide 3 samples of how a salesperson could ensure consumer protection when dealing with assisting a purchaser in selecting livestock for sale.
7. List 2 federal government agencies and provide a brief explanation of their role and what their responsibilities are to the stock and station sector.
8. List 2 state and territory government agencies and provide a brief explanation of their role and what their responsibilities are to the stock and station sector.
9. There are numerous industry bodies established to assist both the consumer and those involved in the property industry. Please list 4 such bodies and explain their individual roles.
10. Choose 5 industry specialists and briefly explain why you might seek their advice
11. Identify consumer risk associated with trust accounting in the property industry
12. In your own words explain what the responsibilities are for a principal of an agency regarding trust money
13. Under what circumstances can an agent withdraw money from a trust account?
14. Explain 2 categories of responsibility an agency licensee has towards employees
15. In your own words, explain the term 'inducement'
16. Effective communication is essential for successful client/agency relationships. List 6 key areas of the rapport building process.
17. List the responsibilities employees have to their employers
18. What is "Continuing Professional Development"?
19. Training is essential to the stock and station industry, in your opinion describe an area of training best suited to meet the stock and station sector needs and priorities.
20. Explain why personal presentation and a professional image are important when dealing with clients.
ASSESSMENT TASK 3 – Template 1 (work practices) Template 2 (legislation & codes of conduct)
Complete the tables on the work practices and legislation & code of conduct associated with rural property and livestock sales within a stock and station agency
Please find templates link here
ASSESSMENT TASK 4 – Case Study
The aim of this assessment task is to demonstrate that you can identify and have a good understanding of the real estate industry employment requirements.
You have been employed by an established real estate agency as Office Manager. The agency employs a total of 20 staff including 10 salespeople, 5 property managers, 4 administration staff (including yourself) and the Principal of the agency.
Part of your role is to ensure the agency is compliant with the real estate industry employment requirements.
You are required to research the following and write a minimum 1 page report on the requirements noting any differences for each organisation structure, eg sales, property manager, administration etc.
• Employers responsibilities to employees
• Employees responsibilities to employers
• Employment agreements (federal, state or territory)
• Employee rights regarding conditions of employment
• Employer rights regarding conditions of employment
• Minimum wages and conditions
• Hours of work
• Public holidays
• Sick and leave entitlements
• Casual employees
Answer Assessment Task 4: