LAWS8168 Australia's Visa System
After applying for a Work and Holiday (Temporary) (Class US) subclass 462 visa, Ms Amita Paul
engaged your services and is now seeking your advice about her chances of success. You have
reviewed a copy of Amita’s submitted application and found the following facts:
1. Amita is a 29 year old national of Bangladesh living in Dhaka. She gave details of her current
Bangladeshi passport when applying for the visa.
2. She has completed a Bachelor of Engineering (4 years) from the Bangladesh University of
Engineering and Technology.
3. Amita has submitted an IELTS test report with an overall score of 7.5 with at least 6 in each
of the four components. She has attached a letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Bangladesh authorising her
stay in Australia.
5. Amita has a bank balance of Taka 3,385,085 equivalent to AUD 56,500 as savings from her
last 5 years of income as an Engineer.
6. Amita has a sister who is an Australian permanent resident. Her sister now lives in Sydney
with her husband and children.
7. She has disclosed that she is not married and her boyfriend, Rajib, is working as an IT
professional in Sydney on a Class UC subclass 457 visa.
Undertake research into the relevant legislation and policy through LEGENDcom and assess
whether this application meets all the grant criteria for a subclass 462 visa and then prepare a file
note of your findings. (You can assume that the application has been validly made, so you do not
need to discuss this in your file note).