Choose a business that you are familiar with where you can provide detailed information on the questions below. It may be a business such as a retail outlet, a manufacturer or a service provider. It can be one that you have worked for in the past or are currently working for, or plan to open in the future.
You are asked to provide planning and performance management processes for the business based on the assumptions that you make. You will have to consider how you are going to market your product or services and who should be involved.
Once you have selected a business, indicate the company name and give a brief description of what they do below. Using the information gained through this unit, please provide answers to the following questions:
Give a brief description of what the business does
- List 4 of your overall business objectives for your chosen business?
- Utilising the findings above, what strategies would you recommend the business use in terms of its marketing? For each strategy, write a brief justification for its existence.
- How would you communicate the strategic marketing objectives across the organisation to different levels of personnel? What methods would you use?
- Give a description of the marketing personnel involved and their individual roles within the marketing process. Describe how you would provide mentoring, coaching and feedback to support individuals when using resources to the required standard.
- How do you manage integration of marketing, promotional and sales activities in accordance with strategic marketing objectives?
- What communication strategies would you use to ensure that personnel responsible for each element of the marketing mix work together to meet organisation’s marketing objectives?
- Identify individual, team and business performance, and offer corrective measures promptly to safeguard marketing outcomes.
- How do you analyse successes and performance gaps in your marketing efforts in relation to cause and effect, and use this information to improve strategic performances?
- Use marketing metrics and monitor overall marketing progress against performance targets to ensure activity, quality, cost, and time requirements are met.
- Provide a description of how you would review the organisation’s marketing performance against key performance indicators in accordance with business objectives.
11. How can you analyse over-performance against targets for trends and set new targets?
12. How do you analyze changes in the market and identify and document their impact on strategic marketing objectives?
13. If the marketing objectives are not being met how would you communicate this to the marketing managers, supervisors and workgroup members to gain their support for any changes that may need to be taken?
1. Create a marketing campaign for a new product or service within a business. This campaign will be presented to Management for comment at the next Managers’ meeting. Choose a business product or service that you are familiar with so you can fully explain the campaign objectives and outcomes in detail.
Your written campaign outline should be no longer than four pages. Please cover all of the following content in your answers:
ü Briefly outline the overall marketing strategy and how it relates to the overall business objectives? What is the industry, and product or service?
ü What are the key promotional and sales activities involved in the campaign?
ü What policies and procedures are in place for distribution and product pricing?
ü How will you communicate campaign progress within the organisation?
ü Who are the key personnel involved in the campaign? What are their roles, responsibilities and accountabilities?
ü What mentoring, coaching and feedback support is offered to individual and teams to ensure agreed objectives are achieved?
ü What corrective measures are in place to ensure team and individual success with marketing outcomes?
ü Describe the evaluation progress? Did you identify performance gaps? If so, what were they….?
ü Outline marketing performance against key performance indicators?
2. You are also required to provide a Power Point presentation that you would present to staff to fully explain this new product or service and how it is to be marketed and what their roles will be.
This Power Point presentation should be no more than 8 slides long and will be judged on its simplicity but requirement to ensure the staff members are fully aware of what the product or service is; how it will be marketed and what their involvement will be in the marketing process