1. Explain why using valid selection procedures is important.
2. Describe four (4) criteria commonly used to evaluate the effectiveness of training efforts. For each criterion, give an example of how effectiveness could be measured.
3. Who else besides an employee’s immediate supervisor could serve as a rater for performance appraisal purposes? Give three (3) examples and explain why their input could be useful.
4. Why should managers be concerned about employees’ perceptions of the fairness of a firm’s compensation system? What tools or mechanisms do organizations use to help ensure internal and external equity?
5. What are the pros and cons of high executive pay?