Learning objectives and graduate skills tested
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the key drivers and challenges faced by digital enterprises that include infrastructure, business processes, social media, consumer behaviour and global markets and firms (Problem solving)
2. Demonstrate the ability to research and critically evaluate existing, new and emerging technologies to gain an understanding of their business application for transforming digital enterprises (Academic, professional and digital literacy)
3. Demonstrate the practical skills required to formulate and evaluate a coherent strategy for a digital enterprise, develop a functional business website based on this strategy and document and critically evaluate the end-product (Problem solving).
4. Demonstrate the ability to write effectively in a clear and concise manner in report style for senior management (Written and oral communication)Assignment 4 specifications
This Assignment 4 builds on the research and analysis conducted for your proposed e-commerce strategy and preliminary prototype e-commerce built in Assignment 2. Assignment 4 consists of THREE tasks.
TASK 1 – Assignment 4 Journal
In this task you are required to maintain a journal that lists, describes and reflects on the activities and research associated with from the start to completing Assignment 4. You submit the completed journal as Task 1 of this assignment 4.
TASK 2 – Prototype E-commerce website
Develop and populate the prototype e-commerce website for which you prepared a strategic analysis and preliminary prototype e-commerce website using Joomla in Assignment 2 based on the business model and category assigned to you in Assignment 2.
Your e-commerce website should contain, at a minimum, the following functionality:
1. An aesthetically pleasing, easy- to-use interface
2. A product catalogue
3. A shopping cart
4. An order form and payment interface
5. Customer registration
6. Discussion forum
7. Business policy statements on security, privacy, confidentiality and refunds and returns
In building your prototype e-Commerce website using Joomla!3 make use of one or more of following online resources: a(1) Cloudaccess.net Knowledge base for Joomla!3 , and (2) Joomla! 3 explained : your step-by-step guide / Stephen Burge and companion website (can be purchased as a Kindle Edition, ebook or in hard copy) (3) or (3) Joomla! 3 by Richard Pearce and any other related Joomla! resources which you identify as useful for completing this assignment.
Task 2 will be assessed for completeness and working functionality based on an inspection of your e-commerce website (you are required to provide the URL of the Joomla!3 website that was assigned to you for Assignment 2 and Assignment 4).