The essay focuses upon strategic evaluation of the six cases and the discussion statements in sessions 1 and 2, in which you answer the following questions for each statement:
1. Summarise your opinion on the discussion statement and your reasons for reaching this opinion. (150 words)
2. How could the case study organisation have developed a more strategic approach to the specific area of employment relations (e.g. how could the King of Calls management have pursued a more strategic, integrated approach)? (150 words)
Your essay should also include:
1. An introduction (approximately 100 words), in which you provide an outline of the content of your evaluation and its findings.
2. Discussion of each statement and case, as detailed above (approximately 300 words each, total 1,800 words).
3. A conclusion (approximately 100 words) in which you answer the question: ‘How have your views on strategy in employment relations changed (if at all), following your evaluation of these cases?’
Case analysis 1: King of Calls. Discussion: ‘Strategic employment relations always require both “soft” and “hard” elements
Case analysis 2: Should he be fired for that Facebook post? Discussion: ‘Workplace policies should apply equally to everyone, in all circumstances Reading: D. Guest, ‘Human Resource Management, corporate performance and