Students will individually select an organization, assess its customer service and professional selling effectiveness and make recommendations to improve its business results through improved customer relationships, professional selling and sales management approaches. They will deliver a presentation to the class and a written report to the instructor and organization.
This project will incorporate important concepts and frameworks introduced throughout the course and will demonstrate the students’ ability to understand and properly apply these concepts in real-life contexts.
Parameters and guidelines for the assessment are as follows:
• Select an organization, e.g., a corporation, company, firm or association (ideally, an organization which you have some interest in joining) for in-depth analysis of their customer services.
• The research report should be approximately 10-15 pages (double spaced) with well documented references.
• This research should incorporate wide array of data sources to cover all different aspects of sales and customer service management in detail and suggests meaningful recommendation to the company.
• Data sources may include: internet, newspapers, trade magazines, library sources, industry analysis, analyst reports, focus group discussions, customer interviews, employee interviews, executive interviews, mystery shopping, ghost shopping, customer surveys, social media analysis, online community analysis, etc.
• In-class power point presentation is a required component of the research project.
• Project should be well organized and encompass the above subject and content guidelines, and an electronic copy of the project should be submitted via safe assignment