The purpose of this project is to apply the theories, tools and techniques to a case study. Imagine that you have been engaged as a consultant to evaluate and provide recommendations to a SME business owner regarding setting up a transactional e-commerce facility on their website. You are to write a detailed report to the business owner with your recommendations based on the requirements below.
1. Select a website of a suitable existing business that currently has no transactional e-business functionality i.e. an information-only site. Use this as the basis of your report. You should check with your lecturer that the site is suitable for this exercise either in person or via email.
2. Describe briefly the website, the business and its business activities as best as you can judge from the website.
3. Provide a SWOT Analysis.
4. Recommend a revenue model (or revenue models) the business could adopt.
5. Identify and describe suitable website features, tools and/or functions that the website can adopt. This should be described in some detail with reference to literature and justified in the context of the revenue model you have recommended.
Make sure to include the following:
- Identify and recommend 3 features, tools and/or functions
- Explain how each feature/tool/function will serve to benefit the business