You are a Manager in Accounting & Finance working for the Kalgoorlie City Council. Your CEO has asked you to an urgent meeting to discuss a request from the Kalgoorlie Mayor. During this meeting, you learn that the Mayor will travel to Canberra next week to compete with other Regional Councils for a $50million Grant from the Commonwealth Government for ‘Innovative’ Regional Development projects. The CEO hands out a recent report on Kalgoorlie’s demographic, social, infrastructure, labour market, and other challenges. You are asked to develop a strategy and plans for a new project which will solve some of the socio-economic and infrastructure problems identified in the report.
Strategies for development projects in Kalgoorlie in the categories of
(1) Community Development; (Budget 10M)
Identify following areas of community Development in Kalgoorlie and split budgeted amount of 10 million among those areas.
· Education for Indigenous people Eg. Workshops, Professional institutions for work related to mining and other business.
· Community services for Homeless people including Indigenous people.
· Initiate Age and Child care centers.
(2) Economic Development (Budget 20M)
Identify areas of Economic Development in Kalgoorlie and split budgeted amount of 20 million among those areas. Eg : Tourism, Trade and business.
(3) Infrastructure Development (Budget 20M)
Identify areas of Infrastructure Development in Kalgoorlie and split budgeted amount of 20 million among those areas. Eg : Road Developments
The report outline must include a full description of the project proposed, as well as a brief rationale (explanation) for this choice (e.g. how and why it will achieve its objectives) Also The proposed project has a clear rationale and provides a strategy to resolve a problem identified in the Kalgoorlie Region
This report should use the following format..
1. Executive Summary
2. Table of Contents
4. Body (Propose 03 arrears above and brief explanations)