Answer fully the following research questions on McDonald’s Australia. You need to include contemporary management issues and theories to the questions. Provide critical and in depth analysis.
1. Compare the Gilbreths’ approach to performance improvement with that of McDonald’s. What factors should an organization take into account when deciding which approach to use?
2. As an organization, what is the purpose of McDonald’s? How is the organization structured? What importance, if any does staff play in the organization in meeting its objectives?
3. What is the role and function of the McDonald’s CEO? What activities or functions does the CEO need to undertake in managing the domestic Australian operations? Compare the role of an assistant manager with that of the CEO.
4. The CEO at McDonald’s has various functions. The CEO has technical, human and conceptual skills. How does the CEO maintain an environment that encourages innovation, customer services and sustainability?
5. What senior management roles would the CEO undertake with the management team? Apply Mintzberg’s managerial roles to this question.
6. Analyse McDonald’s Australia Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability Report. Explain the importance of managing in a sustainable way and make specific references to the concepts of eco-efficiency and eco-effectiveness.
7. What are the major differences in being McDonald’s CEO and being the Principal of a Secondary College?