Hi, Title : Managing Sustainable Supply Chains ** Assignment should not contain less a than 26 references(APA 6th edition style referenced) I have provided the assessment brief and lecturer documents . The lecturer insisted the assignment should have LCA( Life Cycle Assessment). Note : I have attached the sample assignment content for your reference. Please let us know in which sector you will be doing the assignment.The drivers of economic, environmental and social (EES) aspects commonly referred to as ‘the triple bottom line’ define the parameters of sustainable supply chains. They are classically recognised as being influenced and driven by the following factors: legislation, finance, environmental impacts and internal / external business processes and, relationships along the length of the supply chain network. Further to these, there is recognition of supply chain impacts upon wider society, extending beyond supplier bases and customers at the point of consumption, to recognise the importance of product life cycle and end of life management / recovery.
These factors can be further categorised in terms of:
Ø Sector/Organisation competencies/characterisation of the structure of supply chains in a particular sector
Ø Opportunities for development of products, improvement of organisational structures, corporate strategies and supply chain structures / common measures adopted and/or suggested to enhance future optimisation and realise sustainability targets in advance of possible mandatory legislation
Ø Governance in relation to the role of legislature compliance and the measurement tools, techniques and approaches / management / reduction / reporting of operational impacts (for example, LCA) upon the environment and associated stakeholders in shaping supply chain governance approaches. How this contributes to the strategic understanding and setting of sustainability initiatives/targets.
In relation to the above and in consideration of this module’s lecture series, the more efficient use of existing systems within organisations can lead to them becoming more sustainable in relation to turnover, operational efficiencies and relationships.
You are to provide an individual APA 6th edition style referenced, critical descriptive analysis of:
a sector of your choice, (examples of sectors you may focus on include but are not limited to: the food sector, the construction industry, the automotive industry, the energy sector and the pharmaceutical industry), describing the supply chains at play and how sustainability and triple bottom line factors impact upon the organisation.
You should synthesise company data, governmental and non governmental reports with academic literature and other contemporary sources.
Your descriptive analysis must critically evaluate the economic, environmental and social factors at play with respect to the types of supply chains within a particular sector, identifying where there may be tensions or harmonies between those factors and explicate how compliance and measurement can be achieved, highlighting the drivers and barriers to compliance.
Ensure you relate to micro, meso and macro scale factors at play, referring to local, national and global supply chain dynamics, highlighting the relevant key challenges faced by that particular sector and explaining the response to these challenges in context.
Specific examples, drawn from the literature of organisations’ responses/use of certain theoretically underpinned knowledge/practical supply chain management techniques, legislation, voluntary standards and so forth should be provided along with the advantages and disadvantages of any particular strategic approach.
A conclusion should be provided that also synthesises the critical descriptive analysis and provide a series of key outcomes of the research. You should endeavor to enhance your discussions and present information to argue your case in a professional and academic manner throughout, in contextual relation to the literature reviewed and, coverage of EES, whilst retaining strong supply chain relevance.
Please note that this is a descriptive analysis which should introduce literature throughout. It is NOT a literature review followed by a description of your chosen sector/industry. This descriptive analysis carries 90% of the marks equally and broadly attributed to EES and supply chain relevance; the remaining 10% of the marks are awarded for presentation, grammar, style, and layout.
Word count 3000; see notes on the word count.