A bank has hired you to investigate employee fraud. The bank uses four 20TB servers on a LAN. You are permitted to talk to the network administrator, who is familiar with where the data is stored. What strategies should you use? Which acquisition method should you use?
Following aspects are the minimum requirements in this project:
• What tools listed in the text book are available?
• How do you plan to acquire the data? Why will you choose a certain acquisition method?
• What diplomatic strategies should you use with the network administrator?
• What privacy issues might be a concern with bank records (bank account numbers, customer names, etc.)?
• How do you plan to validate the data after acquiring it?
Deliverable: Write a 300-500 words report outlining the problems you expect to encounter, explaining how to rectify them, and describing your solution. Be sure to address any customer privacy issues.
Task 3: Research Project (5 Marks)
To continue your learning in digital forensics, you should research new tools and methods often. For this project, search for the user manuals for VirtualBox and ProDiscover. Write a guide on how to load a VHD file converted from a ProDiscover.eve image file into VirtualBox.