Subject Learning Outcomes Assessment
1. Explain the fundamentals of OM and the seamless integration between logistics, operations, and the customer; Sessions 1 through 7.
Integrated case studies, literature critique and group/individual assignment
2. Evaluate supply and demand parameters for maximum utilisation of resources and minimisation of waste From week 8 onwards as part of work originating from chapter 11 onwards. Integrated case studies, literature critique and group/individual assignment
3. Ascertain the key factors underpinning the emergence of China as a global manufacturing hub; Integrating the subject content into class group activities and discussion. Through the assignment and exam process. The growth of China is noted particularly in the first half of the module leading up to the mid semester break
4. Identify the reasons behind the growth of sustainable production Throughout group activities across all aspects of the subject, literature review/critique and examination. Sustainability threads throughout the subject
5. Validate the linkages between JIT, Six Sigma, Lean Operating Systems and QA in OM Tutorials in the latter part of the semester. Group activities, assignment and exam