Each student will prepare a paper reflecting on the role of dialogue in an organisational context.
Students are encouraged to draw on their case study experience (i.e. challenges, insights and
learning outcomes) as well as to further substantiate their views through reference to the relevant
This paper is a small reflective essay that encourages you to reflect critically on what you have
learned about organisational communication through your case study experience. Respond to the
How has my view on organisational communication evolved through the case study experience
and how will these insights inform my current or future work practice?
This reflective essay requires you to
a) Draw on examples and findings from your case study project to demonstrate how your
knowledge of and view on organisational communication has evolved.
b) Relate existing academic theory and research to your insights.
Please refer to Cottrell (2011a) as an absolute core reading before starting on the essay.
1. Clear purpose and introduction (5%) F P C D HD
2. Language appropriate to purpose and audience (10%) F P C D HD
3. Structure appropriate to purpose and audience (10%) F P C D HD
4. Referencing (5%) F P C D HD
5. Reflexivity and critical analysis - ability to engage reflexively with case study experience
including evidence of insights/learning outcomes (40%)
6. Creative thinking - including ability to adopt creative approach to the topic and introduce
novel ideas (20%)
7. Research skills - Evidence of high level research including appropriate choice of scholarly
articles to support argument (10%)