An exploration of qualitative research processes; covering the generation of research questions and their role in theory building, qualitative methods of data collection, analysis and presentation.
By the end of this paper the student will be able to:
1. Develop research questions appropriate for a post graduate research.
2. Specify and defend an appropriate methodological approach to a research question.
3. Critically reflect on the nature of theory and explain the difference between theory building and theory testing.
4. Analyse and interpret data within a specified qualitative research paradigm.
• Ontological and epistemological approaches
• Research question development within qualitative research
• Assumptions underpinning qualitative methodologies
• Theory building in qualitative methodologies
• Qualitative data collection and analysis
• Presentation of data (evidence) and results