Research and present one example each of successful and unsuccessful case studies of
complexity, ambiguity and change by organisations in the public and private sectors:
1. Provide a summary of the organisationâ€™s practices that you consider â€˜successfulâ€™
2. Analyse the factors underlying the examples.
3. Compare leadership approaches, organisational values, problem-solving and ethical
practice across these organisations (tables can be used to display comparisons).
4. Examine the related literature for evidence of the use of critical thinking and
systems thinking, and discuss how these skills have either helped or hindered the
5. Discuss whether you consider that the leadership approaches and styles have
contributed to the organisationâ€™s success (or lack of success), and why. Include
discussion of how organisational values have (or have not) guided the
organisationâ€™s sustainable practice.
6. From your examination of these case cases, what recommendations would you
make for organisations operating in conditions of complexity, ambiguity and
Your analysis needs to include:
â€¢ discussion of the organisations concerned
â€¢ evidence of the use (or lack of use) of critical thinking and/or systems thinking by
the organisations concerned
â€¢ discussion of the leadership approaches and styles, and the degree to which they
appear to have been important in the organisationâ€™s success or lack of success
â€¢ discussion of the role of the organisationâ€™s values. If these are not explicitly
mentioned in the literature, discuss what you consider they could be, based on your
â€¢ five recommendations for organisations operating in conditions of complexity,
ambiguity and change
â€¢ reference to relevant literature, linking your ideas to theory discussed in the unit
(I have attached the slide show presented by academic teacher as to what she is looking for and further content breakdown).