EXSC204 Exercise Testing, Prescription and Delivery
Aim: To design a 12-week cardiovascular training program for an apparently healthy client.
1. Choose one of the following apparently healthy population case studies:
a) Adolescent recreational athlete
b) Endurance athlete (recreational)
c) Team sport athlete (recreational)
d) Apparently healthy young adult
e) Apparently healthy older adult
2. You will be provided with the following information for your chosen case study:
• Basic health information (for screening)
• Anthropometric and skinfolds data
• Some fitness testing data (see Excel spreadsheets provided)
• Basic information about the fitness testing protocol
3. From this information you will be required to:
• Determine the risk stratification of your client (fill out an ESSA APSS form)
• Compare your client’s screening/baseline data with normative values
• Set an appropriate goal and perform a needs analysis
• Describe your client’s current lifestyle and time availability (1 paragraph)
• Analyse the fitness test results data provided. Include graphs of the data and determine exercise intensities for the training program.
• Design a 12-week cardiovascular training program using the template provided.
4. Nominate a different client from the one used for designing your program
• Analyse the testing data and determine exercise intensities
• Write a short paragraph about how you would vary the program