NRSG266 Principle of Aging Context
1. understand experiences of ageing and how these are impacted by biopsychosocial, spiritual and cultural factors;
2. demonstrate advanced knowledge of pathophysiology related to the ageing process;
3. critically apply the Roper-Logan-Tierney Model of Nursing to the context of ageing;
4. critically apply legal and ethical principles related to care of the older adult.
You are a RN working in ED, looking after Edith, an 87-year-old with an admitting diagnosis of Acopia. All acute interventions have been completed for Edith, but the wards are full, so she will spend the next 8 hours (+) on an ED trolley in a corridor.
1. What is the impact of a diagnosis based on the labelling of a patient?
2. How do normal changes of ageing increase the risk of Edith developing a pressure injury in this scenario? You are a RN working in community care, visiting Amita, a 76-year-old with a chronic and painful venous ulcer on her lower leg. She takes multiple medications for chronic illness, and a codeine-based medication for pain. Amita lives alone in her own home.
3. How would Amita’s chronic pain impact on her ability to maintain a safe environment?
4. Why is Amita, as an older adult, more vulnerable to adverse drug events? You are a RN working on an acute medical ward, looking after Oliver, an 80-year-old with painful cellulitis from hand to shoulder from a small left hand scratch sustained while gardening. He is admitted for 7 days of QID IVABs via a right cubital fossa PIVC. Because of the cellulitis, PIVC and IVAB regime, Oliver’s mobility is limited.
5. Outline the normal changes of ageing on the respiratory system in predisposing Oliver to pneumonia during his hospital admission.
6. What are the benefits of increasing the mobility of an older adult during hospitalisation? How should the RN encourage incidental exercise during Oliver’s admission?
MyAssignmenthelp.com boasts qualified and experienced experts, who assist students to accomplish essays of all types within any given deadline. Our wide range of essay writing services ranges from proposal essay help, argumentative essay help, comparative essay help to literature essay help. Moreover, students from any background or pursuing any educational discipline can avail our services. Some of our popular services include nursing essay help, MBA essay help, English essay help, law essay help and much more.