Question 1 You work with an accounting firm that offers taxation and advisory services to clients. The firm has offices in all the state capital cities, as well as Canberra, Cairns, Newcastle and Toow ...
1. IBM Limited acquired a 20% share in ABC Limited for $18,000. IBM Limited has no other investments. At the date on which it became an associate, ABC Limited had the fol ...
In this assignment, you are to choose an employment relations dispute that has been reported in the media. Provide a brief background to the dispute in terms of identifying who were the parties ...
Task Scenario: You are the accountant for a small cancer charity and have been asked by the trustees of the charity to develop a Balanced Scorecard for them to view monthly. The charity p ...
London School of Economics and Political Science
Once you have your company, you are required to research and report on the company, its industry and its likely governance and ethical outlook. You are to provide a report in the following structure:
1. Title sheet: Must contain your name and student ID, the Unit name and code and the assignment title.
2. Executive summary: A brief overview of the report in no more than two paragraphs. The reader should understand the scope, reason and outcomes of the report by reading the executive summary.
3. Introduction: Provide a more detailed “road map” of the report, including:
o The purpose of the report
o What research you have done
o What theories you have applied
o What the essential outcomes are.
4. Report: Your responses to the following four requirements go here - 2,500 words.
5. Conclusion: Your overall conclusion on the company’s likely governance and ethical outlook, and briefly how your conclusion was supported by evidence and theory.
6. Reference list: Use APA. Every document and theory must be referenced.
The four requirements for your report are as follows:
1. Introduce and summarise the company (500 words, 8 marks)
In this section, please tell us about the company, the industry it is in, and its recent history.
2. Summary of corporate governance at your company (500 words, 8 marks)
Please locate the latest annual report published by your company. Locate the following and provide a summary of what they say:
1. Composition of the board, including the ratio of independent to non-independent directors. Is the Chairperson of the board an independent director?
2. The reports from the Chairperson and the CEO
3. The remuneration report—summarise how directors and executives are remunerated.
Provide an overall summary of the report stating what immediate priorities of the company are and what plans might be in place to achieve them.
You are not expected to provide a financial analysis of the company unless it supports any of the points above.
3. Board orientation (1,000 words, 16 marks)
Review your company’s most recent annual report and its web site. You should also read any media releases it might show on its web site. Analyse what you find and determine the most likely orientation of its board. You will find the table on page 11 of the Module 7 Study Guide very useful, as well as the supporting discussion.
Make sure you justify your conclusion with reference to whichever theories are most applicable.
4. Interpretation of company communications using Legitimacy Theory (500 words, 8 marks)
You might want to start preparing for this section by locating and reading the three academic journal articles referenced on Page 7 of the Module 8 Study Guide. They are excellent examples of how you might look for evidence of a company concerned with its legitimacy.
MyAssignmenthelp.com is committed to provide top-notch quality academic assistance at affordable price. To help students from different backgrounds, we have hired more than 3000 experts. Owing to in-depth knowledge in their respective subjects, they effectively provide geography assignment help, Physics assignment help, Strategic assignment help, history assignment help, art architecture assignment help and much more.
Question 1 You work with an accounting firm that offers taxation and advisory services to clients. The firm has offices in all the state capital cities, as well as Canberra, Cairns, Newcastle and Toowoomba. Recently, your firm decided to try to improve the productivity and the worklife balance of th ...View Answer
1. IBM Limited acquired a 20% share in ABC Limited for $18,000. IBM Limited has no other investments. At the date on which it became an associate, ABC Limited had the following equity:Share capital $50,000Retained earnings &nb ...View Answer
In this assignment, you are to choose an employment relations dispute that has been reported in the media. Provide a brief background to the dispute in terms of identifying who were the parties to the dispute and who, if any, parties intervened in the dispute. What were the main issues in cont ...View Answer
We aren't endorsed by this University
Task Scenario: You are the accountant for a small cancer charity and have been asked by the trustees of the charity to develop a Balanced Scorecard for them to view monthly. The charity provides advice and support to those affected by cancer; provides care for cancer sufferers and helps ...View Answer
If you are the original writer of this content and no longer wish to have your work published on Myassignmenthelp.com then please raise the content removal request.