Rapid educational changes in Australia have accelerated the need for early childhood pedagogical leadership and reconceptualisation of practice. In light of this please address the
following areas with reference to credible literature and evidence-based research in a literature review. The steps you may want to consider:
1. Describe the reasons why leading pedagogy in the early years is an important aspect of educational leaders’ work;
2. Select one practice principle from the EYLF (DEEWR, 2009) and critique the literature to discuss why this principle is an important element of educator’s practice in the teaching and
learning of young children. Make links to the NQS where possible;
3. Develop a research question about this practice principle (in a way that will investigate and lead pedagogy and practice) that will form the basis of your action research plan.
The review of the literature must:
• Connect with leadership, pedagogy and practice.
• Be reflective of evidence-based research and recent literature (predominantly over the last six years) drawn from credible journals and sites. Less recent literature can also be included if relevant.
• Move beyond description towards critical analysis and reflection.
• Demonstrate a connected argument that merges theory and practice and complies with academic writing conventions. The quality of your work will be evident in:
• Depth of information presented and researched.
• Critical thinking, reflection, effectiveness of argument, merging of theory andpractice.
• Development of a research question (significance, feasibility, relevance andclarity).
• Presentation and compliance to academic writing, inclusive of referencing